Thursday, March 04, 2010

It'll be OK

Sometimes I get really stressed out by things, bills, time, dirty dishes.  I just need to step back and take a deep breath.  Everything has a way of working itself out, that isn't to say that I don't need to keep working to take care of things on my end, but I don't need to worry.  I am not a christian but this verse seems to ring true:
           "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
I need to slow down and take each day as it comes.  I don't know how many times I've been told as a parent of an infant you just need to let go of some things, the clothes can wait an extra day to be washed, the floor may not get mopped as often... and yet I still need to tell myself to stop and listen. It's okay to spend a day in bed with your kids, in fact I highly recommend it, perhaps that is what I'll do tomorrow.

No comments: