Saturday, March 06, 2010

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

Family traditions are important.  It's something I've really been thinking about since I read The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections.  I've been thinking about traditions my family had, asking my husband about things he remembers from his childhood.  One thing I had already started was making an Easter bunny every year.  My parents bought us one every year, and I loved all my bunnies.  I got pink, my brother blue, and my sister yellow, all identical otherwise.  Last year's bunny for L was crochet and he still plays with it today, already so loved that the pompom tail is gone.  I am starting on bunnies for both kids, it is a pattern of my own invention but based off of some bunnies I saw at Target last year.  Knowing I have years of bunny making ahead, I keep a mental note of cute but easy to replicate bunnies I see at stores.  I'll post pictures again when I have a finished product.  The picture is of L's, the ears will be the solid color at the top and H's will have the body made of the flower fabric with the fabric on top being the ears.

No comments: