Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh Fish in the Sea!

My son has completely fallen in love with the story The Magic Fish: The Fisherman and His Wife.  It is a fable about wanting too much.  I remember reading it as a child myself.  The magical part about this story is, my son doesn't just love having it read to him, he now pretends to read it himself!  His inflection and intonations mirror mine, it just warms a mama's heart you know.  Today before nap, he wanted to read it to himself.  I heard his little voice floating in from the other room "Oh fish in the sea come listen to me!".  I really hope his love and interest in reading continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was one of my favorite books as I child. I still remember it well. I think all kids should read it or have it read to them. A good lesson to learn.