Thursday, March 24, 2011

Totally Awesome...

You have to see this giant felted troll doll to believe it!  I have never felted anything, but can one have too many hobbies?  I also just found out about a sculpture garden in Dallas that isn't very far away, infact it's very close to where one of my crafting groups meet.  I think my favorite art form is sculpture, I saw my first real sculpture in 5th or 6th grade at a local museum in Vermont.  It was this huge life size craft paper bed.  It was a dying woman with an angel leaning over her, from one side it looked like the angel was comforting the woman and helping her go peacefully, from the other side the angel was menacing and the woman terrified.  I've been hooked ever since. 
This is another favorite of mine (Fyodor Kanemsky. First step), I saw it in ninth grade on an exchange trip to Russia, and it has been burned into my memory ever since.  I saw so many beautiful statues and sculptures while I was there.  I need to visit more museums.  I'm embarassed to say I never made it to the Denver Art Museum, I still hold out hope.

No comments: