Monday, January 23, 2012

January Shirt

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make a piece of clothing for each child each month.  Well, at least I can say I'm on track!  I made the Long Sleeve Raglan Tee from Sewing for Boys: 24 Projects to Create a Handmade Wardrobe:
I used to work for a certain natural foods retailer who loves to give their employees tshirts.  Which means I now have a fairly sizeable collection of shirts that I no longer wear.  Since I had two of these guys I thought my little man might like an all green long sleeve shirt.  I also forgot to get a picture of the completed shirt until after my little man was wearing it and being quite uncooperative for photos!
I added a dinosaur applique ala Alabama Stitch Book: Projects and Stories Celebrating Hand-Sewing, Quilting and Embroidery for Contemporary Sustainable Style.  I used another old vendor shirt in a nice bright yellow.  We also went to see an animatronic dinosaur exhibit at a  local museum where my son proudly wore his mama made shirt!

No comments: