Saturday, September 10, 2011

Baby Blankets

I learned how to crochet when I was in high school.  Shortly before moving across the country I found out one of my friends was pregnant.  I wanted to give her something special.  So, I learned how to crochet to make her a blanket.  My mom found this yarn shop a town away where a little German woman said she'd teach me if we bought all of the supplies from her.  It was a good deal, not only did I learn how to crochet, I learned how to read patterns and how to ignore them or add to them, all from my first project.  I also learned that Saturday knitting circles with old ladies can be more crass than sitting in the back of 5th grade next to Jake and Sterling.

But I digress, where were we?  Oh yes, so now my family calls upon me when friends are having babies to make blankets.  It's not my favorite thing, but who am I to say no to a cute little blanket that doesn't really take very long?  And after I'm done I always love them.  So here is a blanket I made for a friend of my sister:
2011-09-10 13.07.48.jpg

No comments: