Monday, May 30, 2011

Settling In

There is still so much to be done.  I guess it's been so long since I've really moved that I forgot how hard it is to unpack and find a new place for everything.  My last kitchen felt small being a galley style, but it had plenty of cabinets to store everything (not to mention the second kitchen in the finished basement that fit the overflow).  I am having to decide what will be repacked and what will remain out. 
So here are my objectives:
1. Finish organizing the kitchen and actually buy groceries!
2. Get the boxes out of the living room so the majority of the house can be kid friendly again.
3. Do something about the awful spindle wall thing that seperates the bathroom from the master bedroom.

Even though so much stuff is still packed, and some furniture still needs assembling, it feels like home.  There was something about this house from the first time I saw it, it just felt right.  Of course it's not perfect, nothing is nor should it be.  If everything was perfect there would be no projects, and us creative types, well for us there is nothing better than a project!

No comments: