Sunday, December 05, 2010

Resolutions

I know it's another month before the new year, but there's nothing wrong with getting your resolutions written down.  I know I won't be able to pay off all my debt in a year, but I can sure try!  So here they are written down where I can see them anytime I want:
     1. Do not buy anything unnecessary.
     2. If I do need something wait a month before buying it (exceptions being gasoline, food & the like).
          During this month ask:   Is there somewhere I could have use of this item for free?  Do I already own something that can work for this?  Ask other people if they have this item and do not want it or are willing to trade? Do not discount the power of networking!
     3. If I do buy something it must be used or bought from an independent business.
     4. Make my lunch for work, everyday.
So there they are, written down.  And I intend to start now to make it easier in the future, okay yes there is Christmas and birthdays but I am going to bring my lunch everyday to work.  In fact I am going to make a sandwich now and put it in the fridge.  See?  I'm already doing much better.
Maybe this is too strict, we'll see but I want to make myself realize how much I really do already have, and how very little one really needs.  I'm sure I'll fail sometimes, but I will keep going.  Just cheer me on a little, encouragement is a powerful tool for success.  So go me! Go!

No comments: