Saturday, February 27, 2010

Gardens

It's that time of year to start planning one's garden!  I'm Denver so any outdoor planting is still a few months off.  I've also joined a CSA this year so even if my garden flops like last year I'll have plenty of local organic produce, and pastured eggs!  If you are interested in CSA opportunities near you check out Loal Harvest
I'm only allowed to plant a strip about 1.5 feet wide and I don't know how long, the length of the backyard, as my husband is obsessed with yard care and my garden doesn't fit into his ascetic.  So for my small strip I am planning on planting 4 tomatoes (2 cherry, 2 normal), some zucchini, some cucumbers, carrots, string beans, spinach, Swiss chard, and maybe some pumpkins.  It'll be a tight squeeze I think but since I won't be pregnant and morning sick I'll be able to work a lot more in the garden this year.  My dream is to have everything at least have some produce, and the best case would be to can some.  Wish me luck!  I'll be planting the tomatoes soon.

No comments: