Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Investing in Myself

I've been feeling a little bit burnt out lately.  I have a long list of crafts to make, and books to read, and dinners to plan, and... I haven't been thinking much about what I really need.  So in the midst of this,  these other wise ladies posted their thoughts:
Liz Lamoreux
Vivienne McMaster
Soulemama

Sometimes the hardest thing is to do nothing, to take a break and breathe.  I push myself to stay up late to finish projects, or bring them with me to work on during my lunch.  I need to invest in myself.  There is only one me, and I need to take care of myself so I can be a better caretaker for my family.  No one likes being grouchy, or losing their temper.  I will be gentle with myself, I will leave time to exhale, and I know a little investment in myself is the best thing for everyone. 

I am going to start a practice of slowing down, and being.  To allow myself to be the imperfect creature that I am.  To accept myself as the imperfect creature that I am.

No comments: